Cherokee Winter Service Day - December 02, 2023
CHEROKEE WINTER SERVICE DAY
Saturday, December 2, 2023
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Cherokee Scout Reservation
3296 Boy Scout Camp Rd, Yanceyville, NC
Sponsored by the Order of the Arrow, Tsoiotsi Tsogalii Lodge
Registration closes on Tuesday, November 28 at 11:59 pm.
- Provide Scouts and Scouters an opportunity to earn service hours.
- Conduct much-needed maintenance and repairs to Cherokee Scout Reservation
- Prepare camp for winter camp
WHO MAY ATTEND?
- All OA members are invited.
- All Scouts BSA, Venturers, and Sea Scouts, regardless of OA membership, are invited.
- This event is open to non-OA members. Especially troops and crews who have Scouts that need service hours. Units will need to provide adult supervision for their Scouts. Supervision means 2 adults, of the appropriate gender, who are both over the age of 21, registered with the Boy Scouts of America with a completed criminal background check, and unexpired youth protection.
- There is no cost to participate in this event and lunch is provided.
- For food preparation purposes, we ask you to register by Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023.
8:30 AM Check-in at Headquarters
9:00 AM Work Projects Begin
12:00 noon Lunch
4:30 PM Depart Camp
WHAT TO BRING
- Pre-event Medical Screening Form
- BSA Medical Form Parts A & B
- work clothes (wear clothes appropriate for the day's activities)
- water bottle
- work gloves
If you are able to bring tools, especially chainsaws, handsaws, pruners, and loppers, please indicate that during the registration process.
Anyone who operates a chain saw on BSA property must have completed the BSA Chain Saw Operators Course.
If you have any medical needs, dietary needs, or allergies, please indicate them during the registration process.
Direct questions to Lodge Adviser Rusty Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.